Monday 1 December 2008

NaNoWriMo

Ah - once again, I've failed to even come close to the NaNoWriMo required total. I've still found it a useful exercise, as always, and I've written far more fiction than I would have written otherwise. My problem is I still found plenty of time to blog, program and celebrate my birthday, and various other functions.

Or at least, I shouldn't think of that as a problem. I mean, that's living, write. I'll argue that we just need a southern hemisphere timed writing event, perhaps in May.

For those of you who've been following this blog, I strongly encourage you to do one of the following two things:

  1. Jeff Lait has published his 2005 NaNoWriMo. You may remember him as another roguelike developer and obviously a talented author as well. So please: buy his book.
  2. Alternately, you can help donate to the NaNoWriMo to keep this event running. They've failed to cover costs again. Details on donations are here.
Take care. I'll be trying again next year.

1 comment:

The Mud Hutter said...

How far did you get in the end?

Don't worry about failing - I failed this year too, only hitting 42k. Still, as you say, no matter how little you do, it is inevitably more than you would have otherwise done.