Thursday 28 February 2008

Technorati is broken

Hmm... according to Technorati, I've not updated this blog for 289 days. And a quick Google search for "Technorati broken" reveals that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

Anyone out there have a good suggestion for a replacement? Preferably one that doesn't rate sites that just re-syndicate existing blog content higher than sites that create original content.

While we're at it, I'm having a bizarre end of month rush to push my post count up for February. My apologies for the lack of posts: I've been on the road with work and generally busy with real life. I should apologise even more to Mikolaj who has been developing Unangband pretty much in my absence for the last two months.

For those interested, dropping my total post count to 20% of what I did in January, only resulted in a 10% reduction in traffic (from just under 5,000 unique visitors in January, to about 4,500 for February). I think I now have enough of a back catalog of content to get linked to by new sites for older articles.

4 comments:

spidaman said...

Sorry about that, Technorati has very (perhaps overly) sensitive spam detection triggers on blogspot.com -- sometimes these false-positives occur and it requires manual intervention to correct. This has been done now.
thanks,
-Ian

Andrew Doull said...

The other thing you'll see if you Google for "Technorati broken" is you'll see that it's far better to complain in your blog than use the Technorati complaints and bug reporting tools...

;)

tormodh said...

Perhaps spammers have learnt how to automatically submit complaints and bug reporting tools, but not yet gotten on to the idea of complaining in their "blog"?

;)

Mikolaj said...

About Unangband and my slav^H^H^H^Hsidekick work in your absence --- never mind. That was as always a pleasere, though unfortunately, I was finishing the long port of features from Vanilla in the 2 hottest weeks in my work to date. This is done, however, minus bugfixes, and I'm glad. Actually, if you like, I may become a maintainer of 0.6.2, while you work on 0.6.3. Unangband really deserves a stable branch...